Back to Experts
Director of the Cuban Research Institute and Professor of Anthropology, Florida International University
Dr. Jorge Duany is an expert in election results and the Latino vote.
He is Director of the Cuban Research Institute and Professor of Anthropology at Florida International University in Miami. He has written extensively about Cuban and Puerto Rican migration, ethnicity, race, nationalism, and transnationalism, as well as about Latinos in the United States. He has published twenty-two books, including “Picturing Cuba: Art, Culture, and Identity on the Island and in the Diaspora” (2019) and “Puerto Rico: What Everyone Needs to Know” (2017).
- ‘¡Dalé Trump!’ The blunder behind the president’s appeal to Latino voters in the South Florida Sun Sentinel
- Democrats push Puerto Rican voters to outmuscle Cuban Republicans in Florida in the South Florida Sun Sentinel
- Cuban Americans: more conservative in their views on Cuba, poll concludes in On Cuba News
- In Central Florida, Latino evangelicals could give Trump a boost in the Washington Post
- How Puerto Ricans in central Florida may decide the US election in The World
State Expertise: National, Fla.
Speaks: English, Spanish
I can help with...
- Election Results