Election SOS First Aid Kit: Safety Checklists
Election SOS hosted a series of webinars with our colleagues Dr. Michelle Ferrier of Trollbusters and Viktorya Vilk of PEN America about digital and physical safety while reporting. Some of their tips include how to conduct a threat assessment for your own work and how to sorta dox yourself. Throughout our sessions, certain tips and best practices kept surfacing. We have synthesized them for you in these easy-to-digest safety checklists. Download them, print them out, and follow their guidance to ensure a safe reporting season for you and your colleagues.
- Download checklists here
- Make sure you have the right PPE if you’re going out in the field.
- Connect with Dr. Ferrier via our Trusted Experts Network
- Connect with Bruce Shapiro of the Dart Center
- Check out some of the original webinars.
- Download the PEN Online Harassment Field Manual
- Bookmark the Committee to Protect Journalists’ guide to staying safe this election