Co-Executive Director, New Virginia Majority
Tram Nguyen joined New Virginia Majority in 2008. Following the September 11th attacks on the World Trade Center, she helped fight for federal funding for a health treatment program to address the unmet physical and mental needs of rescue and recovery workers at Ground Zero. In 2005, Tram traveled to the Gulf Coast to organize the more than 30,000 Vietnamese immigrants whose lives were devastated by Hurricane Katrina. For over two years, she directed a recovery program that assisted more than 3,000 families by providing cultural and language-appropriate services, and she advocated for the sustainable redevelopment of immigrant communities and businesses in New Orleans, LA; Biloxi, MS; and Bayou La Batre, AL. Tram is an alumna of Barnard College, Columbia University and was a 2010 Lead the Way Fellow at the NYU Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service.
- Virginia’s voter registration deadline extended until Thursday night after disruption in the Pilot Online
- Federal judge extends Virginia voter registration through Thursday in the Washington Post
- Groups react to ruling extending voter registration deadline in CBS 19
- Biden Raises Record $383 Million in September, Giving Him Financial Edge Over Trump in the New York Times
- Virginia’s legislature is breaking down barriers to voting in the Washington Post
I can help with...
- Election Results
- Election Security