Interim Executive Director, Common Cause Pennsylvania
As Redistricting and Representation Counsel, Suzanne Almeida is responsible for supporting state Common Cause organizations in their redistricting reform and census work through legal, legislative drafting and strategy, communications, and coalition assistance. She also works on state-based and national redistricting and census litigation.
Prior to joining Common Cause, Suzanne was the Executive Director of the League of Women Voters of PA. While there, she worked extensively on voting modernization and redistricting reform, including leading the League’s participation as the named plaintiff in the successful challenge to the 2011 Pennsylvania Congressional District map. She also coordinated voter education and protection efforts in Pennsylvania alongside allied organizations.
Suzanne has a law degree from James E. Beasley School of Law at Temple University in Philadelphia, PA and a BA in International Studies and Spanish from George Fox University in Newberg, OR.
- “Nonpartisan group Common Cause holds briefing with leaders from battleground states” on WLOS
- “Poll watchers emerge as a flashpoint in battle over ballots” in The Associated Press
- “Pennsylvania making good headway in count, secretary of state says” on Fox29
- “Nonpartisan PA Election Protection Coalition gives update on trends at statewide polls” on Fox 56
- “Trump asked supporters to watch the polls. How states are countering fears of intimidation.” on NBC News
I can help with...
- In-person Voting
- Mail-in Voting
- Voter Suppression