Dr. Lindsay M. Chervinsky
Scholar in Residence and Senior Fellow, Institute for Thomas Pain Studies at Iona College and the International Center for Jefferson Studies
Dr. Lindsay M. Chervinsky is an expert on the cabinet, presidential history, and U.S. government institutions. She is currently Scholar in Residence at the Institute for Thomas Paine Studies at Iona College and Senior Fellow at the International Center for Jefferson Studies.
Previously, she was a historian at the White House Historical Association and a Postdoctoral Fellow at the Center for Presidential History at Southern Methodist University.
She received her B.A. in history and political science from the George Washington University, and completed her masters and Ph.D. from the University of California, Davis. She is the author of the award-winning The Cabinet: George Washington and the Creation of an American Institution, which was published by Harvard University Press in April 2020. Her work has been published in the Washington Post, TIME, USA Today, The Hill, Governing, and more.
- Op-Ed: “Why we should fear a lame-duck President Trump” by Lindsay M. Chervinsky on CNN
- “History Teaches Us Election Delays Are Nothing New” by Lindsay M. Chervinsky in Governing
- “The Justice Department Has Lost Its Way” by Lindsay M. Chervinsky in her newsletter A Spot of Parchment
- Op-Ed: “A diverse Cabinet will make Joe Biden a better president and unify the country” by Lindsay M. Chervinsky in the Washington Post
- Op-Ed: “Will McConnell flout custom by rejecting Biden Cabinet nominees?” by Lindsay M. Chervinsky in The Hill
- Op-Ed: “The Founders created the model for dealing with foreign interference — we should return to it” by Lindsay M. Chervinsky in The Hill
- “President Washington and the Character of the First Supreme Court” by Lindsay M. Chervinsky in Governing
- Op-Ed: “Kamala Harris vice presidential pick launches Biden toward a Cabinet that looks like America” by Lindsay M. Chervisnky in USA Today
- “A ‘blitz’ to push through his agenda: Trump could wreak global havoc over the last 10 weeks of his rule” in the Independent
I can help with...
- Civil Unrest
- Electoral College
- Presidential Transition
- The Presidency