Back to Experts
Professor of Political Science, Iowa State University
I am the Lucken Professor of Political Science, in the Department of Political Science at Iowa State University, and former editor of Political Behavior. My research focuses on American politics, particularly elections, public opinion, and voting behavior. My new book Ignored Racism is forthcoming with Cambridge University Press. I have several current projects I am working on. The first examines the role of political interest in mass politics. The second, develops new tools for automated capturing and coding of online political ads and state legislators’ Twitter feeds. I am also running a series of surveys connected with the 2020 Iowa Caucuses. You can find my cv here.
- “Iowa auditors begin processing absentee ballots amid record early-voting” in the Daily Iowan
- “Johnson County judge upholds law against using databases to process absentee ballots” in Iowa State Daily
- “The Iowa caucus is really important. Why? ‘Because it’s first‘” on the CBC
- “Looking at Iowa’s ‘pivot counties’ ahead of Election Day” on KCCI Des Moines
- “Poll Shows Biden Narrowly Leading Trump in Iowa” on Courthouse News
- “Trump has a narrow path to an Electoral College victory” on AlJazeera
State Expertise: National, Iowa
I can help with...
- Election Results
- Voter Behavior