Back to Experts
Lecturer, political science, University of Dayton (Ohio)
Birdsong teaches courses on American politics; the presidency; campaigns and elections; media and politics; and public opinion and political behavior. He’s co-author of “Fly-To County: The Midwest as Presidential Battleground, 1946-2016.” He has a background in polling and policy research. He has researched how people consume news in an era of multiple sources and new media. Do people consume a variety of news sources or do they find news that fits their thinking? Is it possible to have a national discussion on any given issue when the sources of information often disagree?
- “Other states to watch come Election Day” on WDTN
- “Ivanka Trump stumps in Cincinnati for her father, highlighting Ohio’s importance” on WKRC Local 12
- “Presidential campaigns targeting battleground Ohio in the final weeks leading up to the election” on WDTN
- “Local experts: Bickering took away from policy discussion” in Dayton Daily News
- “Undecided Voters Were Key to Trump’s Win in 2016. Will They Deliver Again?” in Newsweek
Point of Contact:
Meagan Pantmediarelations@udayton.edu | 937-212-2979
State Expertise: Ohio
I can help with...
- Election Results
- Electoral College
- Voter Behavior