Staff Attorney, Public Interest Law Center
Benjamin Geffen joined the Law Center in 2010 as a staff attorney. At the Law Center, Mr. Geffen works across our practice areas, including employment law, healthcare, voting rights, and access to public records.
Mr. Geffen’s successful cases at the Law Center have included striking down Pennsylvania’s gerrymandered congressional map and its Voter ID law, a class action that restored visitation rights for inmates at the Philadelphia Federal Detention Center, numerous matters protecting children’s access to healthcare and education, and challenges to employment discrimination against people with criminal records.
After college, Mr. Geffen spent several years working in the non-profit sector in Boston. Preceding his start at the Law Center, Mr. Geffen spent two years clerking for the Honorable Robert M. Levy in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
Mr. Geffen is a frequent public speaker. He serves as a mayoral appointee on the City of Philadelphia’s Police Advisory Commission. Mr. Geffen is a graduate of the New York University School of Law (2008) and Princeton University (2000).
- “Pa. could become ‘ground zero’ for court battles on — and after — Election Day” in Spotlight PA
- “Will Pa. be at the center of another Bush v. Gore? These 8 lawyers and scholars weigh in.” in Spotlight PA
- “Pennsylvania Could Be ‘Florida of 2020’ With Post-Election Day Court Battles, Lawyers Warn” in Newsweek
- “20,000 Mail-in Ballots Didn’t Count in Pa.’s Primary, Half the ’16 Victory Margin” on NBC Philadelphia
- “When Will the Election Be Official in Pennsylvania? Here’s a Timeline” on NBC Philadelphia
- “Local GOP Pushes Trump Voters to Cast Ballots After Election” in the Daily Beast
I can help with...
- Election Results
- In-person Voting
- Mail-in Voting