Executive Director, Common Cause Georgia
As Executive Director of Common Cause Georgia, Aunna aims to combine her passions for social impact, culture, boots on the ground organizing, policy, and elections. She plans to deepen Common Cause’s engagement locally, statewide, and nationally. Aunna brings to Common Cause her expertise in elections mobilization, issue advocacy, and voting rights.
Prior to joining the team at Common Cause she was the Senior National Coordinator for the Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law. She focused on organizing Election Protection programs in key states and assisted the national program to ensure equal access to the voting booth and coordinating community engagement platforms.
Prior to the Lawyers’ Committee, Aunna worked as an Election Trainer with Montgomery County Board of Elections (MD) focusing on alignment of policies and training. She has worked with several non-profits and governmental bodies including, Rock the Vote, Service Employees International Union (SEIU), The Whitehouse Project, as well as with the Georgia General Assembly.
When Aunna is not in office you can find her globe trotting, exploring intersectional dialogues, listening to music, and nature walking with her daughter. Aunna is a member of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated.
Fluent in English and based in Atlanta, GA.
- State GOP lawmakers propose flurry of voting restrictions to placate Trump supporters, spurring fears of a backlash in the Washington Post
- Georgia’s Top Election Official Touts Validity Of State’s System in WABE
- Georgia’s vote count continues as Trump’s lead shrinks in Georgia Recorder
- Advocacy groups push state for paper ballots as massive turnout continues for early voting in WSBTV
- Judge rejects more emergency paper ballot backups at Georgia polls in the Atlanta Journal Constitution
I can help with...
- Election Security
- In-person Voting
- Mail-in Voting